Friday, September 22, 2006

NBC edits VeggieTales for God Content, then denies it

I've got a bunch I've got to blog about once my husband's vacation is over, but I thought I'd post this quickly:

See Phil Vischer's Blog, http://www.philvischer.com/ especially the entry "This is getting interesting." Previous entries will give more context.

Basically, Phil's given them episodes that were perfectly timed for TV, and they kept sending them back, telling him to cut out more of the God lines (originally they were just telling him to cut the countertop scenes). Now NBC is denying that they are editing VeggieTales for religious contents, just saying that they are editing for time.

NBC is free, of course, to decide what they want to air, but if they are editing for religious content, they should at least have the courage of their convictions, and say so.

No comments: