Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ramblings

I've had a pretty good week this week. I finally decided it was time to do something about all the housework that's been piling up lately. I've been working most of the day on it while the kids are at school, taking a bit of time for relaxing, so I won't burn out too quickly, and also taking time to exercise and go to Curves, which I'd been neglecting lately. I've gotten quite a bit of the main part of the house cleaned now, and am working on things that I've been putting off for a long time, like re-organizing the bookcases, etc. The laundry's mostly caught up now, just need to put things away.

I've been setting my timer for 15 minutes, doing as much as I can of a room, and then moving on to the next room. After three of these, then I get 15 minutes to sit down and relax. The 15 minute thing is something I picked up from Flylady. Though she wouldn't approve of me trying to do so much at once, since the crash and burn potential is quite high. I probably will, but I haven't yet, and if I can keep one thing going from this, I'll come out ahead.

Tonight'll be the last night the kids have Awana. Next week will be the practice for the award ceremony, then the award ceremony, then they'll be off for the summer. I do wish the church kept it a bit closer to the school year, though probably having so much happening at the end of the school year would be stressful to some folks.

No comments: