Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Writing Update

It's been one of those weeks. Between putting my hand through the bathroom wall, and trying to figure out how to pay for that, and planning a couple of other projects that have come up that we'll basically be saving up all summer for, I didn't take as much time for writing last week as I should have.

Which is a shame, since the times that I did write, the words just seemed to flow. Mostly in fun world-setting that doesn't move the plot. And I might not have gotten enough details in anyway, even if I'll have to cut everything out later, since I spent a lot of time saying how delectable Andrea's cooking was, without really describing what it tasted like.

And, no, it doesn't taste like chicken. Except, of course, when she serves chicken.

I'm thinking I must have been hungry when I was writing that.

I've also fallen a couple pages behind in my typing, and will have to spend the next day or two to make sure that I type more than I write until I catch up. At the moment, I have about 5,500 words started, not counting the ending which I've written. Counting the words that I've written, but not typed yet, that brings it up to about 6,000 words.

Which isn't really all that much, when you look at it. I'm still hoping to have a reasonably complete rough draft by summer vacation, though.

No comments: