Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wednesday Out

J took a vacation day Wednesday, and we went out to Worlds of Fun. Every once in a while it's nice to get out without the kids. He got me to ride the Patriot, this year's new rollercoaster. I usually try to avoid roller-coasters, since they tend to shake too much, and give me headaches. This one, though, ran smoothly. J said it was even smoother at the beginning of the year, when it was brand new. It threw a few gees, but didn't give me a headache, so I enjoyed it the whole way through.

Then we rode the water rides, a spinning ride or two, and of course the train. It was great to go without having folks griping about riding something someone else chose to ride.

It only took us about half a day to see every thing we wanted to. Of course, we did save time by not going into Camp Snoopy, and things like that. We've already have scores of pictures us with Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and others in the Peanuts gang.

I wonder if we get more interactions with the characters than we would at, say, Disney, since Worlds of Fun is so much smaller a park? Something I've noticed is that the characters always are out with "keepers", available for taking pictures, making sure the characters are back inside for there show, things like that. One keeper sometimes looks after four characters. Now it's been at least ten years since I've been to Disney World, but I don't remember their characters having keepers like that. I would think, though, that they would almost have to, to protect the characters from the public, and vice-versa. I probably was not paying attention at the right time.

After all that walking and riding we came home tired, but we had had a fun time. We'll have to do it again next year.

No comments: